- ADJUSTABLE RAILING: The Bedside Extend-A-Rail is one of the only bed rails in the world that extends in length (from 20”-30”) with the push of a button.
- STANDING HANDLE: The guard rail can be used as a safety handle for balance and support when getting in and out of bed and supports up to 300 lbs.
- MATTRESS HEIGHTS: The Extend-A-Rail is designed to accommodate any mattress between 8” and 15” thick. Do not use with an extra soft mattress.
- BED TYPES: The rail is compatible with most bed sizes from twin to California king, not intended for use on adjustable beds.
- SAFETY STRAP: The Extend-A-Rail easily installs beneath the mattress and attaches to the bed frame opposite of the rail with the included safety strap.
Bedside Extend-A-RailItem #: 8700
- PREVENT FALLS: The Bedside Extend-A-Rail can be used as a full guard rail to prevent nighttime falls out of bed and as a bed handle when transferring.
- GREAT FOR TRANSFERS: Use the rail as a support handle to transfer from bed to walker, rollator, wheelchair, or bedside commode
- MODERN DESIGN: The rail frame seamlessly blends in with the style and comfortable feel of your home making it the perfect bedroom addition.
- Length of rail: 20” – 30”
- Height of rail: 20” from base of mattress
- Gap between rails: 4”
- Weight of rail: 8 lbs
- Weight capacity: 300 lbs
- Fits mattress heights: 8”-15”
MSRP: $134.99 USD
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE
The Bedside Extend-A-Rail by Able Life allows you to adjust the length of your bed rail while you are in bed. Simple push a button and extend it to 30″ for fall prevention. For a handle to help getting in and out of bed safely, adjust it back to 20″. And like all of our bed rails, it blends in with your bedroom (like another piece of furniture) to maintain the comforting feeling of your home.
MULTI-USE BED RAIL
Extends 20″-30″ in Length
The Bedside Extend-A-Rail is one of the only bed rails in the world that can extend in length after having been installed. The bed rail sits at 20″ in its shortest length and can be extended to 30″ with the push of a button.
The extension helps to offer full fall protection during the night while also making it easier to maneuver around the bed rail when transferring in and out of bed.
OFFERS BALANCE AND SUPPORT
Use to Transfer Out of Bed
The guard rail of the Bedside Extend-A-Rail doubles as a standing support handle to help get in and out of bed. The safety railing supports up to 300 pounds.
Use the handle to transfer from bed to a walker, rollator, wheelchair or bedside commode.
SIMPLE AND EASY INSTALLATION
Secures to Bed Frame with Safety Strap
The Extend-A-Rail is easily assembled and installed in the matter of minutes. To install the rail on a traditional bed, slide the base piece between the mattress and box spring (or slats if using on a slat bed).
The bed rail comes equipped with a nylon safety strap. Run the safety strap underneath the mattress to the opposite side of the bed and buckle around the bedframe. For detailed assembly instructions, download the Assembly Instruction PDF below.
See the Bedside Extend-A-Rail in action
Get all your questions answered here:
Trying to decide which bed rail is best suited for yourself or a loved one can be a difficult task. To help make the process easier, we have featured “Five Things you Need to Know Before Purchasing the Right Bed Rail” in our blog.READ OUR BLOG POST
When purchasing a bed rail here’s a few helpful questions to consider:
- What is the intended use of the bed rail? If needing full fall protection from nighttime falls, longer safety railings are best. If you are in need of reliable assistance in and of out of bed, then a bedside safety handle would work best.
- What type of bed do you own? The Bedside Extend-A-Rail is compatible with traditional beds with box spring, flat platform, or slats. The Bedside Extend-A-Rail is not intended for use on adjustable beds. For use on adjustable beds, try the Click-N-Go Bed Handle or Click-N-Go Extendable Bed Rail.
- How thick is your mattress? Mattress thicknesses can alter the amount of railing that is exposed above the mattress. The Extend-A-Rail is intended to be used with mattresses ranging from 8″ to 15″ in thickness.
- What is the preferred weight capacity? The Extend-A-Rail can support weights up to 300 pounds. If additional support is needed, we recommend finding a bariatric rail.
- Will you need a bed rail away from home? If you are intending to travel with your bed rail, we recommend a lightweight and easily collapsible bed rail, like the Bedside Mighty Rail.
Able Life offers free standard shipping to the lower 48 states. Two-day shipping and overnight shipping are available for most items. We will send you an email with your tracking details as soon as your item leaves our building.
Able Life products can be registered for a 1-year guarantee, meaning if you are unsatisfied with a product within the first year of ownership, a customer service agent will work with you to ensure your complete satisfaction.To register your product for this lifetime satisfaction guarantee, visit ablelifesolutions.com/product-registration.After a product is registered it is covered by our 1-year guarantee.Our guarantee does not include normal wear and tear items such as brake pads, hand grips, wheels, ski glides, etc. Replacements parts are available for purchase as needed.
Purchases from ablelifesolutions.com are eligible for return within 30 days of delivery (excluding clearance items). Upon arrival, returned items will be inspected to ensure all original parts and/or pieces are included in the return. Once the item has been inspected, the customer will receive a full refund for the purchase amount.To initiate a return within 30 days of delivery, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-506-9901 or by email at email@example.com.
No, Able Life products do not have the required codes to be billed to insurance or Medicare. If you would like more information about insurance or Medicare billing, please contact your insurance provider.
The Bedside Extend-A-Rail requires assembly and installation on the bed. For detailed instructions on how to assemble and install the Bedside Extend-A-Rail, download the assembly instructions below and watch our assembly video.
ADD THE ORGANIZER POUCH ACCESSORY
The Organizer Pouch Accessory easily slides over the top of the Bedside Extend-A-Rail and secures with velcro. Keep convenient items like cellphones, remotes, medications, and books within hands-reach with the four-pocket organizer pouch accessory.ORGANIZER POUCH ACCESSORY
THERE IS A MUCH GREATER RISK OF ENTRAPMENT AND INJURY/DEATH WHEN USING BED RAILS WITH A SOFT MATTRESS! A soft mattress increases the risk that a person’s head, arm, or leg could become entrapped between the mattress and a rail. Entrapment can cause injury or death.
To ensure it is safe to use this product, test your mattress by taking your fist and applying about 12lbs (5.4kg) of weight on the edge of the mattress. If the mattress is soft enough that you can compress the mattress by about 2in (51cm) when applying 12lbs (5.4kg) of weight, do not use this product without the Bed Rail Safety Guard. To learn more, visit ablelifesolutions.com/extra-soft-mattress.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
30-day Return Policy
Need it faster? Switch to other shipping options provided at checkout.